You are expected to be reliable, hardworking with a great sense of integrity. Your responsibility will encompass the following;
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Arrange and coordinate conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for office personnel.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Mail newsletters, promotional material, and other information.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail and other material, and prepare answers to routine letters.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Take dictation in shorthand or by machine, and transcribe information.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organizations.
- Order and dispense supplies.
- Provide services to customers, such as order placement and account information.
- Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Supervise other clerical staff, and provide training and orientation to new staff.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
As part of the role, the following qualifications are required;
- A first degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Membership of the Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) or any equivalent institute I.e. for secretaries.
- Age 27 – 40
- Must possess at least 5-10 years’ work experience.
The remuneration package is very competitive and in line with the Industry standards. In addition, you will have excellent career advancement opportunity to take on a larger role and responsibility.