1. Ensure timely receipt of all Corporate Action announcements / notices from sources.
2. Monitors and diarizes all corporate actions and ensure clients are timely advised and regularly updated.
3. Ensures daily market prices are correctly updated in the system.
4. Processing of Voluntary/Non-Voluntary Corporate Actions
Ensure timely collection of client's entitlement and timely transmittal of credit advice.
Ensure receipt of client's instruction, if required, for immediate implementation / action.
Set-up procedures to ensure proper monitoring for shortfalls in client's entitlements and seek loss avoidance.
Ensure that client entitlements on voluntary corporate actions are well protected.
Ensure dividend income and rights applications are processed on a timely basis.
Check remittance/conversion into other currency of rights payments and cash dividend entitlements.
5. Proxy Voting
Ensure all proxy notification/material are forwarded to the clients.
Monitor client's proxy voting instructions and ensure to submit to Company's Corporate Secretary for validation.
Attend annual shareholder meetings as requested.
Update clients on the result of the meeting.
6. Tax Remittance
Ensure proper tax rates are applied according to the client's nationality / tax domicile.
Ensure taxes are collected and remitted to BIR on time.
7. Responsible for the accurate receipt and delivery of securities ensuring the interest of clients and of the bank are fully protected.
8. To service Securities Services clients and act as the key operational liaison and contact point for the handling and resolution of clients' enquiry's/issues related to settlement operations.
9. Ensure operational efficiency by continuously meeting or exceeding agreed clients' service standards.
10. Ensure adherence to laid down control procedures to record, check and verify all shares received/delivered and payments made/received on behalf of clients are in good order and in accordance to clients' instruction
11. Ensure correctness of daily transaction posted to the EBBS system. Examine voucher to ensure they are properly prepared and approved in accordance with the bank's policy and procedures
12. Responsible for the EOD activities in SeCCURE, eBBS, eCS ensuring that all necessary reconciliation required as stipulated in the operating procedures are performed.
13. Ensures that all documents required for BSRD purposes are complete and coordinates with counterparty/custodian banks on any missing items.
14. Interacts with Operations Head for operational and service review, and issue escalation.
FX & Funding
15. Responsible for the complete and accurate preparation of FX Indication Report and timely submission to FM/FMO without compromising the controls required in BSRD reporting; e.g. seeking confirmation from BSRD team on the availability of documents.
16. Ensures availability of funds prior to the execution of trade instructions and coordinates with clients and counterparties; e.g. brokers and custodian banks as regards to the funding source.
17. Ensures that payments from the brokers are earmarked against credit line and
18. Manages compliance on SSO Earmarking Policy and ensures that funds are blocked in clients' eBBS accounts and earmarked against applicable credit line and limit is sufficient, otherwise, approval is sought from the proper Credit Officer on any excess or requiring one-off approval.
19. To ensure that liquidity reports are submitted accurately and within the timeline acceptable by the Asset and Liability Management (ALM).
20. To service Securities Services clients and act as the key operational liaison and contact point for the handling and resolution of clients' enquiry's/issues related to settlements and FX and Funding requirements operations.
21. Ensure correctness of daily transaction posted to the EBBS system. Examine voucher to ensure they are properly prepared and approved in accordance with the department's delegated authority.
22. Ensures requisite clients' reports are timely and accurately prepared and in accordance with the agreed mode/channel of submission and Service Level Agreement.
23. Ensures timely and accurate submission of regulatory reports i.e. GLFX, CTR to avoid any potential regulatory penalty or audit comments.
24. Manage and avoid risks to clients, Bank/Group by ensuring prompt and accurate reporting to clients/management, timely reconciliation and/or monitoring of any discrepancies including shares rejection.
25. To coordinate and communicate all matters relating to the development and management of security to Operations Unit officers and staff. This covers both preventive and investigative security and includes: business continuity planning and emergency management, protection of staff, assets and property, investigation of fraud, losses or other irregularities, measures to prevent drug money laundering and computer and communications security.
26. Ensures a systematic approach is applied to achieve quality for the customer by preventing problems.
27. Implement new deals based on Facility Agreements
28. Ensures efficiency and effectiveness of backroom processes by fostering service standards which are in line with competitive benchmarks while aiming to reduce cost of operations
29. Manages projects assigned and initiatives designed to improve quality of systems and operations
Risk Management and Compliance
30. Direct and review inspection/internal control reports and seek loss avoidance, albeit with due regard to the costs and business restriction of risk and control procedures.
31. As risk owner, monitors and manages operational risks, system risks and channel risks of the products and highlights any potential and actual breakdown of controls.
32. Ensure operational procedures are in total compliance with Bank policies, regulations and banking laws as well as with the Standard Model, DOIs, SLAs as well as Group and Country service standards not only to provide high service standards to clients but also with equal significance to be able to manage and control risk.
33. Ensure Service Level Agreement (SLAs) with business partners are in place.
34. Provide guidance to direct reports to achieve intersectional teamwork to maintain a total quality business unit.
35. Ensure that direct reports are familiar with their duties and responsibilities / job description as well as the bank's business' vision, mission, and objectives
36. Ascertain preparedness of Operations Unit to undergo internal and external audits i.e., review and analysis of findings.
37. Performs backup/relief functions as defined in Operations Backup/Relief Plan.
38. Spearhead projects relating to Operations and ensures proper resources are deployed without compromising the day to day activities of the unit.
39. Spearhead the following activities of Operations: Enhancement of existing procedures relating to manual and automated working environment; Implementation of improved ways initiated by the unit; Bankwide projects such as norms and values formation, community development, charity work, etc.; Planning sessions to achieve overall efficiency and direction for the entire department.
40. Performs other duties as may be directed from time to time which will not compromise segregation of duties.
Anti-Money Laundering Prevention
41. Ensures that appropriate local procedures and internal controls that interpret the Group Policy and Standards and the local law and regulations of Money Laundering prevention are documented, implemented, maintained and monitored.
Business Continuity Plans
42. Contribute to the effectiveness of the department's BCP, actively participate in the BCP testing, providing timely feedback on BCP matters, make themselves available during contingency situations. Should be fully conversant and knowledgeable of the most updated BCP and keeps a copy of the departments call tree readily accessible at his/her place of residence.
Health and Safety, Code of Conduct, Diversity and Inclusion
43. Ensures compliance with Bank's Policy including but not limited to Group and Local Code of Conduct, Health and Safety, Diversity and Inclusion and escalation to management any policy breaches for appropriate decision/handling.
44. Responsible for Operations Unit compliance with all local laws, regulations and Group Compliance Standards and for reporting breaches to the Head Securities Services and Trust or Compliance Officers.
1. A thorough knowledge of branch's operations, especially those relating to Custodial function, systems and applications such as SeCCURE, Key Risk Indicators, Key Control Standards, Group Policy Guide, Standard Models, DOIs.
2. Must have the skill to maintain good customer relations (with customers, local brokers, other custodian banks, PDTC and governing agencies of the government (Philippine Stock Exchange, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Securities and Exchange Commission, BIR, Bureau of Treasury).
3. An ability to handle a variety of changing situations.
4. A good appreciation of the general economic, political and business environment of the Philippines including up-to-date knowledge of event/actions/announcements on corporate issues.
5. High standard of oral and written communication skills in English.
6. A thorough knowledge of the operations and rules of the local securities industry with some familiarity of how global custodians operate.
7. Knowledge of Central Bank of the Philippines FX rules.
8. Must possess an analytical mind and can exercise mature judgment.
9. Must have the ability to work efficiently in a high pressure environment on account of increasing trades, keeping track of trade maturities and giving swift response to customers' queries.
10. Must have good accounting/auditing/budgeting background on account of financial reports to be submitted to the Department.
Diversity & Inclusion
1. Direct Supervision of Securities Services Operations Unit.
2. Assists in managing effective relationships with other custodian banks, brokers, clients, regulators and other internal departments.
3. Assists in formulating and implementing strategies and plans for the under supervision in support of the entire departments’ and bank's objectives.