GCC Security and Anti-Illicit Trade Enforcement Manager
Working in one of the most dynamic and challenging regions of the world in terms of security issues, you’ll be a key operational professional as part of the Middle East Security Team, covering the GCC and supporting the other markets in the Middle East Area when required.
You’ll be based in Dubai, actively managing security risks to people, assets, information and business processes. Duties will include analytical reporting, risk assessments, implementing physical security measures, security audits, training, investigations, and close protection. The role has a strong focus on Crisis and Business Continuity Management, which will see you assist in facilitating the business Risk Management process, and updating, testing, and improving a broad spectrum of Business Continuity Plans and infrastructure. You’ll also be a key contributor to Anti Illicit Trade (AIT) enforcement activities, responsible for producing timely and actionable intelligence products to disrupt illicit trade, liaison and operational cooperation with enforcement agencies, and the delivering of AIT training and awareness packages to internal and external stakeholders.
To carry out the role to its full potential, you will have a proven track record in Security Risk Management and Crisis Management in the Middle East. Military, police, or NGO security background is required, as is experience working in hostile environments. Corporate security or security consultancy experience would be a strong plus, as would Arabic language proficiency. You’ll also be a strong team player, with excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
We offer excellent career development in a large multinational company, with an unrivalled benefits and bonus scheme.
Provide continuous, coordinated and comprehensive business integrated security by ensuring that risks to personnel, assets and business operations/activities are properly indentified, evaluated and mitigated in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Assess, indentify and report potential business security risks to personnel, assets and business operations/activities to the ME Area Security Manager and the ME Security Committee in order to implement appropriate mitigation plans and ensure effective Risk Managemnet process is well established and maintained.
- Develop, implement and manage Zone security policies and procedures in order to ensure the protection of company assets.
- Develop, implement and manage GCC Anti Illicit Trade (AIT) Enforcement activities in order to reduce/disrupt illicit trade, thus providing opportunities for BAT to expand its market.
- Conduct security investigations, produce investigation reports in order to inform the business of incident details and assist in the identification of appropriate solutions to identified problems.
- Advise, Direct and Coordinate as appropriate the business response to crisis and subsequent business continuity plans and recovery to ensure a swift return to normal operations.
- Produce an annual security business plan for the GCC establishing activities, KPIs and resources required to ensure assets are protected appropriately.
- Manage the allocated security budget effectively and efficiently in accordance with all BAT policies and procedures.
- Ensure GCC policies and procedures are implemented in all GCC markets, especially in KSA to ensure the protection of company assets.
- Manage sources and agencies in order to provide information that enables the delivery of security proactively.
- Manage the provision and effective operation of technical equipment to ensure security measures are operational and key tools for crisis/business continuity management response contribute to a successful resolution.
- Identify, develop and coach potential successors to ensure that there is a healthy leadership pipeline within the function.
- Participate and contribute in Area/Regional security forums to exchange and influence security delivery.
- Exchange knowledge and information with internal and external networks in order to ensure that new risks and appropriate mitigation is identified to enable effective security.
- Build Multi-functional relationships with GCC functional stakeholders in order to identify potential security risks.
- Advise the Security Committee on the current status of security, current issues and appropriate mitigation to enable business and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Relevant degree certificate.
- 5 years experience in Corporate Security.
- Extensive knowledge of investigative procedures, obtaining and preserving evidence, handling of human and technical sources of information and the preparation of case summaries and reports.
- Identification of threats to security and the measures to counter such threats.
- Exploitation of multiple information sources to produce comprehensive reports and briefings.
- Management of internal or contracted security personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of intelligence collection, collation, interpretation, evaluation, assessment and exploitation.
- Significant knowledge of the organisation and operating procedures of police, customs and national intelligence agencies in the GC and beyond.
- Fluency in English.
- Risk Management & Analysis.
- Investigation Management.
- Incident Management.
- Physical security technology, selection & implementation.
- Information security measures.
- Security surveys.
- Effective communication, presentation & facilitation skills.
- Coaching ability.
- Team player.
- Ability to produce timely, accurate, detailed and concise written and verbal reports/reviews.
- Displays initiative and attention to details.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Management of Information security issues and responding to incidents appropriately.
- Arabic language ability
- Corporate security or security consultancy experience