Specific deliverables from the deployment have to include:
- To revise and update the COOPI Nigeria Security Plan and Standard Operating Procedures, and Crisis Management Plans, ensuring that the necessary controls suitable for the Nigeria context are in place.
- To ensure that basic controls to enhance the security of all premises used by COOPI, including the field operational base, are in place. This has to include necessary improvements to improve physical security and control egress and ingress to COOPI bases;
- To include in the security SOPs improved methods of evacuation from relevant operations bases through road or air.
- To implement measures to improve COOPI Nigeria’s communication infrastructure, including embedding standard processes for routine communication checks;
- To review existing external security coordination mechanisms at all COOPI operational bases and provide recommendations to improve the flow of external security information into the programme and onward distribution to field operational bases;
- To provide guidelines on best practice for the recruitment of guards for each base;
- To design and implement basic training packages for all recruited guards and drivers;
- To update SOPs for movement of personnel and equipment, particularly by road and ensure that these are relevant to external threats associated with the Nigeria context;
- To provide training to COOPI personnel on appropriate actions to take for scenario events such as kidnapping, small arms fire, base raids, carjacking, hostile behavior at checkpoints, etc;
- To provide a general threat update for the programme management team based on the most up to date information available, including the provision of key indicators to trigger an escalation in programme security levels.