- Provide a professional, efficient, and approachable security service, high level of customer service to staff and visitors at all times.
- Carry out internal and external patrols, day and night to ensure a safe and secure environment, recording maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences in the ‘Daily occurrence book’.
- To provide visitors to the Banking Hall with helpful advice, guidance and information and if not able to do so, direct to other members of staff who can assist.
- Ensure that those who should not be granted access to the Banking Hall are professionally and politely prevented from gaining access or escorted from the building.
- Provide support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm and professional manner. Actively provide information to any emergency services when requested to do so.
- As part of the team to undertake regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment, completing the appropriate logs, and notifying the Security Supervisor or Head of Operations of any issues of malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensure and regularly check that the Banking Hall’s fire exit doors are maintained free of obstructions and that the chains are removed when the Banking Hall is occupied, reporting any defects or maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Monitor and respond immediately to alarm system activations to check designated areas of concern. Effectively use of the Banking Hall’s PA system to notify staff and customers of situations or actions required of them.
- Ensure that the bank’s CCTV system is professionally, effectively and sensitively monitored in compliance with the Banking Hall’s agreed standards.
- Conduct individual bag or property searches, if directed to do so by the Duty Manager or a senior manager.
- Ensure the effective control and maintenance of keys and security equipment including any equipment e.g. radios.
- Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported.
- Complete relevant records and log books, in a professional manner providing sufficient detail.
- Respond to requests to move on touts and vagrants from the bank’s property and ensure that staff and clients are not harassed by providing a visible security presence.
- Support and comply with the bank’s Fire, Health and Safety, and Security policies and procedures.
- Undertake first aid training and provide first aid services to staff, visitors or customer as requested.
- Working with a Building Service Technician or Fire Officer, carry out the evacuation of people from lifts, to minimise panic and ensure the safety of all concerned.
- Assist in the induction and training of new members of the team.
- Where required work as a Duty Fire Officer (training will be provided) during events to patrol the building and report potential risks to the Duty Manager.
- Deal with any suspicious packages, maintaining own and others safety and dealing with these in accordance with the bank’s procedures.
- Actively maintain the confidentiality of information to which Officers will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information in relation to the Building.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Security Supervisor, Head of Operations, Duty Manager and Bank’s management.
Location: Abia, Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Nassarawa, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto,
- Be customer focused with a smart presentable appearance and willing to uphold the Bank’s customer service approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Security experience preferably as part of an in-house team
- Ability to maintain a sense of calm and control in difficult situations, minimizing panic in others
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Ability to use initiative and be adaptable
- Self-motivated with a willing and friendly approach
- Ability to work effectively and constructively within part of a team
- Excellent general health with a good level of physical fitness
- Willingness to undertake a flexible shift pattern, to include night shifts in accordance with the bank’s roster
- Ability to respond appropriately to alarms
- Ability to assess a situation quickly, using appropriate actions to diffuse a situation and provide effective solutions, particularly with people demonstrating disruptive behaviour.
- A good knowledge and appreciation of current security environments, the potential risks and threats and actions to mitigate these.
- Current first aid certificate from a recognised Institution
- Capable of using the Microsoft Office packages (Work, Excel, Outlook) and generally IT literate
- A good SSCE or ND ( minimum of Lower Credit)
- Certificates in security training will be an added advantage
- Age: Not more than 40 years
- Interested candidates must have experience in the security sector.