The BD Senior Account Coordinator proactively manages their accounts, staying abreast of all account activity and working closely with the GCSP and Business Development Directors to develop and manage relevant activities, creating an integrated, client-focused account team, driving revenues and accelerating client relationships.
- Execute the AMF on accounts and ensure utilization of organizational tools.
- Take ownership for ensuring that an account-centric account plan is developed, implemented and measured against account performance, driving revenue growth across the account.
- Drive PAT revenue planning process (collect, challenge and input information followed by reporting to UK&I and EMEIA Leadership).
- Work with the GCSP to develop, adhere to, execute and communicate the Assessment of Service Quality (ASQ) and Win / Loss Review plans for the account. This includes meeting the Global ASQ Integrity Criteria and responsible for ensuring ALERTS are resolved and results communicated. When necessary, serve as an interviewer on other OCA and priority accounts ASQ.
- Build internal networks across EY service lines in order to identify and recommend the appropriate EY experts to support an opportunity.
- Match EY offerings to client issues; initiate qualification process to ensure high quality sale and support the team to, or where possible actively take the opportunity to the client.
- Act as delegate for other team members and enabling activity when the team becomes stretched.
- Act as counselor/mentor for junior BD Accounts Coordinators.
- Provide challenge and influence to the account team, being a sounding board for ideas.
- Understand clients’ strategy, issues, culture and challenges considering the impact on account strategy.
- Work with other account teams to share knowledge of pipeline opportunities.
Client Relationship Activities
- Understand key client relationships including their strength and quality, the background of key individuals and frequency of interaction.
- Build external value-added networks and relationships that will benefit the account team (i.e. with procurement, business development and other staff at the client).
- Identify and create outputs that will generate client meetings for the team (ie. EY sales campaigns, deal mandates etc.)
- Assist at client meetings with the GCSP or BDD, building own client contact.
- Identify, prepare and participate in client relationship building activities and meetings where appropriate, such as Facilitated Client Sessions (FCS).
- Support the pursuit process with the team leader and / or pursuits team, responding to pitch documents such as RFPs/ RFIs/ RFQs.
- Analyse reports and communicate conclusions of financial performance.
- Liaise when necessary with GTH to ensure off-shore activities related to the account are maintained and executed as appropriate ie. relationship map updates, GAMA, execution of account plan, reporting, pursuit tracking etc.
Research and Knowledge Management
- Use Thought Leadership to take meaningful collateral to help facilitate client meetings.
- Determine how best to deploy our knowledge internal resources for optimum return and revenue growth on the account.
- Sourcing credentials and case studies and sharing these with the team.
- Work closely with internal Industry Sector Centres/Leadership, to develop appropriate sector knowledge. Attend business association/sector/Area team meetings, study relevant publications and participate in learning opportunities - serve as the connecting link between account and sector.
- Share best practice.
Problem Solving/Decision Making:
- Applies account management concepts to priority accounts. Works independently and with the team of multiple stakeholders, must rely on influencing skills to get results, often by leveraging internal networks. Receives some supervision. Acts as project manager for priority accounts. Work is reviewed only for results obtained.
Excellent written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills
High degree of accuracy
Strong computer skills including basic business software (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel), Lotus Notes and Internet.
Ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously through effective prioritisation, organisation, flexibility and self discipline. Must have demonstrated project management experience.
Knowledge of firm’s account management and relationship tools and processes.
Commercial mindset to spot business development opportunities
Takes the initiative – ie can work with minimal supervision, to make decisions and progress activities
Basic selling skills
Proactive, committed team player
A robust and resilient disposition able to encourage discipline in team behaviours.
Has direct responsibility for supervising offshore resource (GTH), i.e., sets goals, assigns work and reviews performance. Must be able to overcome obstacles with minimal supervision.
Strong influencing skills are required to work with other members of the account team in order to achieve results. Receives general supervision and is competent to work independently within area of expertise. Review of work generally occurs at longer intervals.
As the job involves preparing materials for clients, flexibility concerning working hours is sometimes required.
A bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, sales or communications, or equivalent work experience.
Strong experience of business development/ account management that demonstrates an understanding of business, ideally, in financial or professional services organisation.