The Senior Accountant position reports to the Financial Controller Nigeria and is a part of the SR SSA (Sub Region Sub Sahara Africa) Finance community. As Senior Accountant, Roche Nigeria, you will have a leadership position in driving excellence in strategic and tactical operations while providing superior partnership to the business and engaging key external stakeholders.
Ensuring Roche Nigeria Financial Report meets the highest statutory and management expectations and delivered on time. Taking full responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities and leading the statutory reporting and filing with appropriate authorities. Operating with high level of integrity, ethics and compliance, you will be required to:
- Take the ownership of Company Financials - responsible for day to day operations and consolidation on a periodic basis
- Lead the Interface with all stakeholders (Shared Service Centre, Inter Company operations) in providing timely and accurate financials
- Coordinate the interaction with external auditor for timely audit and resolution of issues
- Lead the company engagement with partners and other service providers in ensuring timely filing of all tax returns
- Provide support to the HR team in implementing optimal HRIS solution
- Support Financial Controller in Business Planning activities
- Lead the company internal control activities in alignment with Group laid down guidelines
- Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
This challenging role requires the following experience and skills:
- Graduate Caliber, Qualified Accountant with 5-8 years experience in multinational environment with proven experience in Financial Reporting & Business Controlling
- Track record of understanding the needs of the various stakeholders and ability to influence leaders in ensuring the achievement of the finance strategy and supporting the company objectives
- Strategic and analytical thinking and project management abilities, coupled with high level presentation and influencing skills
- Proven people management record in leading high performing teams;
- Ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment with shared accountability and responsibilities
- Intercultural understanding
- True interest in leading and collaborating with people
- Proficient in English
- Who we are
At Roche, 91,700 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job facts
- Location Nigeria, Lagos
- Function Finance
- Subfunction Accounting/ Reporting
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Date 2016/08/09
- Job-ID 00448859