Our client is a global dredging company with extensive expertise in port construction, flood defence work, project management and maritime terminal services.
- Analyse financial results, monitor the budgeting and forecasting control cycle, identify and analyse potential financial risk areas and support or monitor the implementation of risk mitigating activities
- Ensure or execute statutory and commercial accounting according to local legal requirements and IFRS guidelines
- Draw cash flow forecasts and analyse and monitor these, as well as monitor, analyse and advise on hedging of foreign cash flows and fuel.
- Ensure all in- and external commercial and financial reporting on the project phases and end results of the project and/or business units, signal issues and opportunities to in- and external stakeholders, in line with company’s reporting procedures and deadlines.
- Provide detailed advice and signal opportunities for improvement to (Project) Management on project related financial matters, such as financing possibilities for clients on projects.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of (local) financial and fiscal laws, theories and developments and financial contractual requirements and apply and share knowledge with colleagues and relevant stakeholders.
- Work and act in accordance with the applicable QHSE-S instructions and measures, take appropriate measures in case of accidents and hazardous situations and draw proposals for improvement.
- Ensure financial project administration, design and follow-up planning, organisation of on-site logistics, staff support, facilities and general administration, in line with local and legal requirements.
- Ensure adequate personnel administration and information as well as processing of salary payments, in line with local requirements, legislation and HR policies, on those projects that lack a dedicated project HR.
- Plan, lead and develop project members, ensure adequate training of personnel.
• First degree in accounting from a reputable university
• At least five years experience in an international company as accountant, preferably in marine works industry
• Operational knowledge of Tax Regulations & Law in Nigeria
• PC tools literate
• Able to work in Dynamics AX
• English Proficiency
• Team player