Our client is a major player in the upstream, and downstream segments of the petroleum sector. With a quality portfolio of oil and gas assets in Nigeria, our capabilities extend through upstream (exploration & production and drilling), downstream, trading of oil product, sub-surface engineering and data appraisal for geophysics and petroleum projects.
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Responsible for processing, recording, updating and reconciling fiscal information in compliance with established policies; providing instructions, recommendations and/or accounting support to other personnel; and analyzing expenditures against budget.
- Distribute all approved LPOs and Work orders to the various Vendors.
- Receive all invoices for jobs completed by Vendors.
- Ensure approval and sign off by the respective Supervisors.
- Distribute all cheques received from the CEO to the various respective vendors.
- Keep a record of all cheque received and disbursed to vendors.
- Maintain a cash book and render weekly returns to the CFO.
- Summarize all cash requests as approved by the MD, CFO and the CEO
- Collate all retirements from staff and officers for all cash advances and reconcile
- Ensure all monies are correctly banked and posted onto the Sage system.
- Establish and maintain cash control systems
- Monitor and pay staff expenses
- Attend regular operational meetings and supply information on vendors balances, payments made on jobs and outstanding upon demand.
- Keep adequate records of creditors at all times for management information.
- Perform fund transfer via banks, daily payment schedule and posting of new receipts.
- Monitor overdrawn balances or large and bring unusual transactions to CFO’s attention.
- Raise direct debits and gift aid payments, as required by the management.
- Contribute to the planning for the year-end accounts process and annual audits.
- Contribute to the yearend file, including all working papers and back up documentation for the accounts.
- Control the profit and loss account ensuring creditors and debtors are correctly attended to.
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts and pay suppliers whilst prioritising payments in consultation with the Accountant and CFO if cash flow is limited.
- Post sales and purchase invoices to ledgers.
- Post journal entries to SAGE
- Heavy SEC reporting in background with strong technical accounting experience
- Strong upstream, Exploration and Production accounting knowledge
- Public accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience working in fast paced, dynamic environments that have required adaptability and flexibility to be successful
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to board, investor groups or other outside partners
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from supervisor to accomplish objectives
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related course
- IFRS Certification required
- ICAN/ACCA Membership required
- 6+ years of progressively increasing responsibilities