- Conceptualize, develop, and implement the monitoring and evaluation plan, including identifying appropriate indicators, and a data collection system for the project to collect and report on data to measure performance and achievement of objectives.
- Create and/or adapt monitoring tools and forms, including training materials to accompany them, for collection of project data with involvement of key stakeholders and assist relevant government of GON partners to collect data to measure progress against project targets and objectives.
- Design, implement or oversee implementation of and analyze the project’s baseline assessment and target setting process within the first quarter of the project in collaboration with relevant national government officials and with support from the field based M&E officers.
- Develop or adapt and disseminate guidelines, policies, and standard procedures for monitoring and evaluation activities building on and improving the existing guidelines, policies and procedure.
- Provide technical assistance to build capacity of project staff, Ministry of Health counterparts, and other collaborating partners including the private sector partners in M&E planning and implementation with emphasis on data collection, reporting and use of data for decision making.
- Provide oversight on data consistency and quality and consolidates data required for performance review by the Project Director, as well as for quarterly and annual progress reports and E2A/Pathfinder global achievement reports.
- Interpret project data for project technical staff and managers, assist with identification of action points and lessons learned and document the achievements and accomplishments of the project indicators against set performance targets.
- Develop narrative for quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Establish and maintain close collaboration on M&E with project partners’ especially relevant government counterparts, lead IP and with E2A/Pathfinder colleagues.
- Establish and maintain feedback mechanisms for M&E results with all stakeholders to identify and share lessons learned and encourage use of data for decision-making at all levels.
- Establish a knowledge management system for gathering and sharing project information and knowledge.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the PD.