- Provide input into strategic direction of project activities. Support the development of strategic plans, workplans, and priorities that support GON/USAID Nigeria objectives.
- Ensure up-to-date technical approaches, including application of national guidelines, standards of practice and tools, as well as Pathfinder International Quality Standards.
- Guide, build capacity for and monitor the quality of services supported by the project at all levels.
- Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Assist in the provision of programmatic assistance to local partners in programming on HIV/AIDS/STI/RH activities.
- Lead and work with relevant staff to coordinate the design and implementation of technically sound facility and community based integrated PMTCT/TB/MNCH services.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management, PMTCT, and integrated RH services for PI Nigeria programs.
- Work with technical staff at the state offices and other relevant PI staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery.
- Participate in development, preparation, and dissemination/publication of technical papers and documents.
- Represent the project at professional meetings and events, and as directed by the PD, to senior-level donors and the leadership of cooperating agencies and other interested parties.
- Under the guidance of the PD, cultivate and strengthen positive, productive relationships with donor, partners, Ministry of Health and other governmental agencies ensuring that E2A is consistently viewed as an effective implementing partner in meeting and achieving project targets. Coordination with the MOH and the lead partner will be key.
- Provide inputs into monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks, progress reports, plans and indicators that capture project performance and results.
- Perform other tasks to ensure effective implementation of the project as required.