Reporting to the Director of Aftermarket, Cameron- LeTourneau Products and located in Dubai, this individual will manage the LeTourneau Aftermarket business in the Middle East. Lead regional field service team for Cameron LeTourneau. Manage deployment of field service personnel in the region through subordinate managers based upon demand, available skill sets, and ability to rapidly respond to customer needs. Develop a business plan to expand the business in a vitally important region for our customers. Manage and maintain an inventory initially valued at mm. Full P&L responsibility (~$10mm) with much room for growth. Perform all of the responsibilities necessary as director of the legal entity in Dubai.
• Works injury free, achieves an injury-free working environment, and maintains the highest Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards in our industry.
• Strives for continuous improvement in worker safety and is dedicated to ensuring that each employee understands, and acts in accordance with, the company’s HSE policies.
• Works with high integrity and complies with corporate guidelines on business ethics.
• Provides leadership and training to accomplish company goals and objectives.
• Sells capital equipment and projects to customers.
• Coordinates sales in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures.
• Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area.
• Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
• Reviews production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
• Reviews operations of competing organizations and plans and directs sales program to develop new markets.
• Directs preparation of accounting records.
• Recommends budgets to management.
• Develops and control profits, plans, and budget.
• Implements cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
• Manages capital asset maintenance.
• Establishes and monitors service center performance for production and quality standards.
• Controls and minimizes labour overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
• Maintains existing service center facilities and equipment. Replaces, or make adjustments to, plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
• Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
• Provides direction, development and leadership to staff.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent from four-year college required; graduate studies in business or finance (M.B.A) preferred.
Tools, Technology and Equipment
• Experience working with drilling companies, top side drilling equipment, and jack-up rigs preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office, such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, safety rules, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
Other Skills and Abilities
• Basic business accounting principles required
• Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings