Banking and Capital Markets Assurance (BCM), UK, is the largest business unit within EY's EMEIA Financial Services Practice. Principally based in London, with offices in Leeds and Edinburgh, BCM comprises 12 Partners, four Executive Directors, and over 230 client serving staff; our annual graduate and school leaver intake typically exceeds 30 associates. We serve many clients, both headquartered in the UK, as well as some of our largest global accounts with a UK presence. BCM provides both audit and extended assurance services, and our people have the opportunity to work with our clients in both capacities, delivering complex audits as well as regulatory prudential, conduct and other related assurance services.
- Deliver excellent service, bringing the full breadth of EY’s capability to support our clients.
- Manage engagements efficiently, delivering against budget and keeping work in progress and debtors at minimal levels.
- Demonstrate leadership, acting as a role model for team members, providing on-the-job coaching as well as broader developmental support.
- Identify and convert opportunities for business growth with non-audit clients.
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times, delivering work to the highest quality.
- Engage in further leadership roles within Banking and Capital Markets Assurance.
Required skills and experience:
- Honours degree qualified (or equivalent)
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge
Proven experience in:
- Delivering external audit and assurance engagements in the Financial Services industry, ideally specialising in Banking and Capital Markets
- Identifying and converting business development opportunities with non-audit clients
- Project and financial management
- Team leadership, coaching and development
- Managing multiple major clients/projects