DQC/SBMM/1015/1- SENIOR BRAND AND MARKETING MANAGER
Our client in the food and beverage industry seeks the service of a senior brand and marketing manager to ensure the development, monitoring and evaluation of activity programs for the company trademark which delivers annual brand targets on budget and on time, and sustain brand equity.
· Developing annual activity plans for the brand which maintains the brand as the front-runner in its category and deliver the annual brand targets. Lead the planning process for all brand activity programmes, liaising with relevant stakeholders to ensure that planning timelines are adhered to.
· Determine brand targets which contribute to the delivery of overall portfolio goals and in determining marketing strategy for the brand which achieves the brand targets.
· Maintain the marketing calendar for the brand, providing timely reports to all relevant stakeholders so that all timelines are adhered to.
· Secure regulatory approvals as required for brand activities and creative materials.
· Work closely with the Brand manager, Sales executives and representatives in tracking agreed attributes and metrics. Ensure regular brand health reports are provided to the COO and the ED.
· Identifying research needs for the brand and in producing associated research briefs.
· Monitor key competitor brands and their activities through data, research and regular market visits. Provide regular competitor activity reports and to assist in developing response(s) to protect the position of the brand.
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION:
· A Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution. Postgraduate qualification in Marketing would be an advantage if the first degree is not in a Marketing related subject.
· 7-10 years’ work experience at a reputable company, preferably FMCG in the marketing, communications or public relations section, of which at least 4 should be in the Marketing function at a Senior Brand Manager Level or equivalent.
· Sales experience would be an advantage.
· Proven experience in new product development, executing, monitoring and evaluating brand activity plans, particularly Above and as well as below-the-line programmes such as consumer promotions, trade promotions, events, design and production of POS material and merchandising.
· Must also have a good grasp and understanding of consumer insights and needs, Strategic thinking and leadership skills.
· Able to interact with a range of business functions and with a variety of people across different management levels.
· Numerate; able to manage expenditure against approved budgets; Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Able to incorporate information from different sources in planning and decision-making; articulate in both verbal and written, with a sound command of spoken and written English.
· Able to manage workload and a number of different projects/activities simultaneously, to meet deadlines
· Must be enthusiastic, organised and pays attention to detail and seeks solutions.
Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job code and job title as subject of the mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.