The Global Head of Product Solutions will have management oversight responsibilities for successfully developing and managing the product and service delivery approach for MPS products, services and solutions. This will entail defining the product delivery model used in the pre-sale process, testing the feasibility of the model, and ultimately developing the final program design required for market implementation. The position is also responsible for end-to-end product management and delivery of all MPS products and features while maintaining global consistency, inclusive of defining enhancements, managing service level agreements, product localization, tracking product success, and managing all product documentation related activities. The position will directly manage a team of 4-6 product professionals dedicated to various geographic regions.
1. Product Sales Expert
§ (Pre-Sale) Act as key subject matter expertise and product sales expert to sales functions as part of pre-sales process, responsible for the development of a final program design used to engage customer in understanding what is required for implementation. Determine “how” the program will be delivered in the market to the respective consumer segments.
§ (Post-Sale) Provide product implementation support working in close partnership with operations to test feasibility of business requirements and develop final business requirements used for implementation. Define consumer take-rates and subscriber activity levels per consumer segment by conducting necessary market research.
§ Manage Market Contractual Process (SOW Management) involving the customer review and approval process and customer performance management process.
§ Conduct Product Sales Training for new hires.
2. Product Delivery
§ Manage delivery of globally consistent MPS product(s) and features in targeted markets including defining new enhancements and services, developing business requirements and requisite design mock-ups.
§ Manage all activities related to service level agreements, specifically objectives and performance management and tracking related to vendors and partners.
§ Lead product localization activities by conducting market /customer needs analysis, translating currency or languages for necessary data files, customizing functional requirements, and ensuring MasterCard market integration.
§ Accountable for assessing competitive landscape and developing MPS’s competitive positioning and differentiation in product innovation.
§ Manage go-to-market process by working closely with regionally deployed technical sales and operations functions to ensure successful market implementation approaches and guidelines.
§ Lead all product documentation management related activities, e.g. developing product guides, reference guides and other relevant documentation.
Experience / Qualifications
• 15 years of technical and product experience in managing or supporting payment products.
• Significant knowledge of the payment card marketplace and the mobile payments marketplace.
• Candidates must have experience in providing technical solution support for complex sales opportunities.
• Must demonstrate strong influencing and negotiation skills in a multinational, multicultural environment.
• Outstanding communication skills from a written, verbal and presentation perspective and ability to manage executive level decision maker.
• Demonstrate multi-disciplinary knowledge, i.e. marketing, operations, acquiring and emerging technologies.
• Candidate must have worked with minimal resources to achieve desired results.
• Bachelor's degree necessary. MBA preferred.
• Must command confidence in sales process as technical expert in helping to “close” deals
• Must have strong command of the technology and its strategic importance to the customers.
• Must be comfortable working in a US financial services culture and a global mobile telecommunications culture.
• Must have demonstrated ability to be successful working with customers and co-workers from diverse global cultures.
• Must be self-sufficient and able to make the most of opportunities and maintain self-discipline despite setbacks.
• Willing to travel to meet customers and internal teams globally.
• Ideally this role would be based out of Singapore.