*Reviews, evaluates, and monitors department purchase requisitions for proper authorization, specifications, and legal compliance; takes responsibility for procuring appropriate items or services; creates and reviews purchase orders; researches and resolves receiving and accounts payable issues; inputs, edits, and retrieves purchasing data; disburses and maintains files related to purchase orders and purchasing; maintains other department files including those pertaining to vendors, bids, quotes, and other correspondence.
* Negotiate price, delivery and terms on equipment/service purchases.
* Document savings; participate in development of strategic sourcing plans for the business.
* Provide status and expedite as required.
* Looks after supplier receivables improvement.
*Responsible with developing compliance culture in the geography they are responsible for.
* Support to assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability.
* Implement sourcing standards including process & execution, with special focus on cost out/productivity initiatives & on-.time delivery optimization;
* Understand strategies for assigned commodities and drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives under coordination of Sourcing Leader
* Manage medium complexity issues within functional area of expertise to meet business KPIs in line with Sourcing objectives
*Provide coordination and leadership in procurement activities
* Perform continuous market analysis and monitor supplier progress
* Diploma or Bachelor degree.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in sourcing/purchasing in areas related to power generation equipment, Oil & Gas, construction, software, hardware or services.
* Excellent communication skills; must have excellent written and verbal English language skills;
* Strong financial skills.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Strong business acumen.
* Strong data analysis skills.
* Solid communication and presentation skills,
* Ability to be effective in a cross-functional, cross-cultural team environment.
* Sourcing commodity leadership/buying experience.
* Africa regional experience
* 4-7 years strategic sourcing experience.
* Oracle or SAP purchasing system experience.
* Advanced business degree.