- A Senior Buyer is responsible for planning and selecting a range of products to sell on a retail platform. When sourcing products, Buyers must focus on two areas: sourcing new product along with ensuring improved prices are obtained on existing items to maximize profits.
- A full understanding of the customer's needs is required to ensure not only is a commercially viable range provided, but it is done at competitive prices.
- Keeping up to date with market trends and reacting to changes in demand are also key elements of the role. Retail buyers have a considerable amount of responsibility and autonomy in what is often a pressured environment.
The position Senior Buyer - Fashion entails:
- Analysing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends and reacting to changes in demand
- Regularly reviewing performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation such as Finance, Inbound & Production Teams to ensure products are sourced and uploaded to the site seamlessly
- Attending trade fairs to select and assemble a new collection of products;
- participating in promotional activities;
- Presenting new ranges to senior retail managers;
- Training and mentoring junior staff.