The Senior Channel Sales Manager represents Citrix in all activities associated with partner recruitment, partner business development and partner support. The primary responsibility of the role is to grow partner sales in the region. This is accomplished through multiple activities including developing strategies with the partner for differentiation, market penetration, and revenue/ margin growth as tools to achieve and surpass quota. Responsible for strengthening relationships between partners and Citrix business units including but not limited to Field Sales, Inside Sales, Enterprise Sales, ISV, Corp Dev, CBA, Channel Marketing, etc. – managing to conclusion business issues that directly affect the ability to develop long-term relationships between Citrix and the Partners. Partners may include certified Resellers, System Integrators, and Citrix Strategic Partners. The Senior Channel Manager acts as a mentor to teams and/or peer Channel Development Managers, leads special projects designed to improve CDM processes and productivity and is able to orchestrate multiple teams and resources in the region.
Apply an in-depth understanding of Citrix products, programs, sales methodology, and licensing to effectively manage complex partner issues and questions pertaining to product licensing, product features and program requirements
- Develops advisor and business partner relationships with the senior executives within each platinum partner, regularly engaging in the partner’s business planning processes to strategically position Citrix, and continually seeking to develop additional sponsors/advocates
- Drive and lead continual training activities which articulate Citrix’ strategic direction, product and technology roadmaps, requisite sales skills, go-to-market planning, demand creation and monitor resellers progress towards adherence to program requirements
- Proactively and independently develop a plan for overall channel partner sales growth, including the recruitment and certification of new value added resellers in their territory
- Recruit new prospective partners by driving strategic conversations with senior leaders that address how Citrix can help them achieve their specific selling objectives and solve their customers’ specific IT challenges. Uses specific examples and success stories that resonate with the partner.
- Act as a sales coach to influence partners’ ability to increase their revenue, margin, and asset investment in Citrix programs
- Act as a mentor to team mates and/or peer Channel Development Managers,
- Lead special projects designed to improve CDM processes and productivity
- Provide thorough and consistently accurate insight into the financial results and forecast of the partner’s investment in selling Citrix products and services.Ensure Citrix is included in Partners' Annual and Quarterly Business Plans to include, but not limited to Organizational Plan, Citrix Sales Plan, Citrix Education Plan, Citrix Marketing Plan
- Has already developed strong senior-level relationships within partners in their territory and leverages those relationships to drive new business through phone and on-site visits.
- Work closely with Sales counterparts to drive the partner to quota attainment, with appropriate product blend
- Work closely with Channel Marketing to provide project and content coordination in support of partner-driven marketing events
- With support from marketing & channel strategy resources, present special programs to partners
- Assess and monitor the business and technical service capability of the partner.
- 10+ years of experience in sales or channel marketing within the High Tech industry, with at least 8 years experience working with channel sales
- Expert understanding of how partners make money in a channel ecosystem
- Expert understanding of how Citrix products create value for customers
- Expert understanding of localized technology marketplace and trends accross MEA
- Strong level of financial acumen, in order to have "business discussions with business people"
Strong communication, presentation, listening skills
- Can effectively deliver difficult messages while emphasizing a positive, future-oriented perspective
- Highly adaptable to changes in business direction, products, and needs both from a partner perspective and Citrix perspective
- Ability to influence vs. control a reselling partner
- Successful track record of relationship / partner management with notable accomplishments