Deliver discipline specific engineering services that meet WorleyParsons, its clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Initiate, manage and if required supervise engineering assignments on projects that meet project requirements on time and within budget.
Perform discipline specific engineering services such as:
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
-prepare project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules;
- conduct appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
- prepare and oversee the production of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports;
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- Provide technical support, supervision and advice to the discipline team and project teams; participate in peer reviews; and consult with relevant resources as required.
If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet WorleyParsons, its clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- If required, act as the discipline Lead on specific projects.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships within WorleyParsons, with its clients and other stakeholders.
Proactively resolve any discrepancies between WorleyParsons and its client’s requirements.
Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the discipline.
Within the relevant discipline:
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills in the relevant discipline, and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to WorleyParsons and its clients.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands WorleyParsons Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet WorleyParsons and its clients’ needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Substantial technical and practical experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Guide: Approximately 8 years
- A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Assist in managing, communicating, implementing and regularly reviewing systems, strategies, standards and processes (including environmental plans or health management programs) that:
- Minimise the potential impact of work activities or work sites managed by WorleyParsons on the environment;
- Manage the impact of work activities or work sites managed by WorleyParsons on the environment;
- Manage recovery from environmental incidents;
- Promote safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplaces and behaviour, including workplaces not managed by WorleyParsons and behaviour when not at work;
- Manage workplace illness and injury.
- Acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge and awareness of the workplace environment to identify and manage work hazards and incidents.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- continuously improve WorleyParsons health, safety and environmental performance.