Senior Civil Engineer (Structural) - Abu Dhabi, UAE
The challenge? To work as a member of the Nuclear Engineering team supporting the ENEC Program in the UAE. The Senior Civil Engineer (Structural) will oversee the day to day activities of the engineering deliverables of the Prime Contractor (PC) and his Sub-Contractors/Supplies related to structural works in order to facilitate the design, construction, installation and commissioning of Braka Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) for ENEC. You should have a Bachelors Degree in Civil engineering with appropriate experience, a minimum of 7 years of experience in Nuclear engineering and a desire to grow personally and professionally with each new Senior Civil Engineer project.
· Oversee and review on assigned PC’s design deliverables related to structural design and engineering work including but not limited to structural analysis, structural steel design, engineering plans, layouts, relevant technical specifications, procurement and tendering packages, to ensure they are in compliance with PC requirements, project schedule, and UAE laws and regulations.
· Advice and recommendation to the group lead in assigned aspects of structural works and structures to support the construction of the power plant.
· Participate in structural works, design change, reviews and evaluations to ensure fulfillment of requirements.
· Undertake the initiatives in order to participate in primary technical reviews of PCs and/or ENEC’s relevant processes and procedures and contribute to technical reports on findings
· Develop the required documentation of the review process, in order to include comments, recommendations and corrective action plans for the PC.
· VOversee and approve that assigned structural works are performed in accordance with the engineering design requirements, project contract agreements, schedule and ENEC's Safety and Quality Standards.
· Advice on the structural engineering input and expertise to PCs and his Sub-Contractors/Suppliers’ deliverables as a functional team member in order to ensure that relevant standards are maintained.
· Guide the civil engineering discipline members in the tasks resolution process in order to expedite arising issues.
· Ensure that the Planning and Scheduling disciplines are provided the necessary updates and information required from his/her area to update the project performance monitoring indexes.
· Advise management on issues affecting the project in order to take necessary actions as required.
· Facilitate communication both internally and externally in order to build and nurture beneficial working relationships.
· Follow all relevant departmental HSE policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions to ensure HSE compliance in all aspects of work in accordance with sound management practices by applying these HSE policies and procedures to self and others to take reasonable care for the health and safety of people, or the environment, who are at the employee’s place of work who may be affected by the employee’s acts or omissions at work.
· BS degree in Civil engineering with appropriate experience.
· At least 7 years of experience in Nuclear Engineering.
· Ability to read technical drawings
· English Fluency
· Teamwork, Intellectual curiosity, analytical thinking, active listening, time management.
· Experience in power plant design, construction or industry operations in an engineering role is highly preferred.