Duties and responsibilities
The Senior Climate Change Specialist (ONEC.3) will work under the general supervision and guidance of the Manager, Environment and Climate Change (ONEC.3). His/her core duties/responsibilities will include the following:
Policies, strategy, and frameworks:
- Contribute to the development of Bank policies and strategies in close collaboration with other Bank experts.
- Review and contribute to the mainstreaming climate change and green growth into projects and/or initiatives developed by Bank experts in departments within and outside of the Vice Presidency for Infrastructure, Private Sector and Regional Integration (OIVP).
- Support Department’s staff in identifying, preparing and implementing programs, projects and project’s components to address climate change issues and climate change readiness.
- Operationalize the Green Climate Fund (GCF) within the Bank by identifying sound activities and investments and developing the Bank’s portfolio of programmes and projects in sectors that enable climate change mitigation and/or adaptation.
- Support Department’s staff in supervising programs, projects and project’s components to address climate change, including responding to monitoring and reporting project cycle requirements.
- Contribute to the coordination of existing Climate Funds within the Bank and develop the Bank-GCF partnership.
- Support the mobilization of resources for the implementation of climate change interventions by developing partnerships with existing sources of finance, international conventions, and donors.
- Help RMCs and Sponsors access Climate Finance tools, and help develop and implement Bank’s in-house financial tools.
- Keep on top of climate change issues by being well informed of evolving steps with respect to the climate change international agenda; and,
- Undertake any other task as the Director ONEC and/or the Manager ONEC.3 may assign.