Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Executive Secretary, the Senior Communications Officer will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Implement ADEA's communications strategy in order to uphold a positive image of the organization;
- Comply with institutional guidelines for activities and programs that promote corporate communications objectives;
- Organize high profile events such as international press conferences and side events at conferences and the Bank's Annual Meetings to showcase ADEA's brand and impact on education;
- Develop and produce informational material (brochures and leaflets, films, audio-visual productions) and statutory documents with a view to promoting ADEA's programs and activities;
- Manage ADEA's website and use social media tools in communication (twitter, podcasts, etc.),
- Prepare press releases, information notes, advertising insertions, summary, review and update.
- Collect, generate and disseminate information within ADEA and in member countries through media networks and relevant organizations;
- Create and maintain strategic professional partnerships with key print and electronic media organizations;
- Handle routine queries, and monitor internal processing mechanisms and timelines to allow for speedy and accurate response;
- Attend to media aspects of ADEA events: seminars, conferences and workshops; and contribute to the development of an efficient mailing list and distribution system of ADEA information products;
- Manage publishing, and dissemination of major publications produced by ADEA, in particular those stemming from Triennales and Ministerial Conferences; and
- Write, edit, proofread and produce various articles.