- Working in a team of drilling/completion and well test engineers to plan and support
the safe and efficient delivery of development, exploration and appraisal wells in
water-depths up to 700ft, offshore Nigeria.
- Operations involve the following special challenges:
- Subsea completions and well testing,
- Complex smart completions,
- Late changes to completion designs that are dependent on well results,
- Completions planning, design and development of the installation programme,
- High angle / extended reach wells,
- Third party staff, service and equipment quality,
- Complex supply chain and logistics,
- Interaction with other (G&G) departments,
- Onsite supervision of completions installation (when required)
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience, of which at least 3 in a similar position.
- Good experience with semi’s, knowledge of onshore and jack-up operations would
- Previous Nigerian / West African experience is advantageous.
- Thorough understanding of HSE, its application in completion operations and
ensuring standards are met. Capable of leading by example.
- Strong drive for continuous performance improvement.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, capable of working effectively in a
- Good Team member.
- Completion and testing experience.
- Able to work under sustained high workload, meet tight deadlines yet still deliver
- Competency with drilling engineering software.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processors and presentation software.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of completion engineering and international industry standards,
ideally acquired while working for a large international operator.
- Good organisation and project management skills, ensuring efficient application of
the company’s well delivery and commercial processes.
- Contracts and contractor management.
- Valid well control certificate preferred.
Terms and Condition
- Equal rotation
- Travel days
- Business class flights