The Senior Consultant is primarily engaged on either customer facing or internal professional services engagements. Sr. Consultants often lead the technical aspects and the development of project deliverables of internal projects (system integration, whitepapers, scalability and performance tests) to a large extent and can lead standard customer engagements of low to medium complexity. The Senior Consultant is responsible for continuing to develop the foundation skills of consulting and becoming proficient with one or more relevant technologies. The position requires an individual to utilize their skills in the consulting methodology, server-based computing concepts, documentation standards and organization, time management, Citrix products and technologies, software installation, and networking skills on internal Consulting Solutions assignments or client engagements. The Senior Consultant must be able to individually solve problems proactively and seek help from more experienced team members or other available sources (i.e. knowledge base, manuals, etc.) when necessary. The position requires a team player that seeks to supplement their skills through the use of project experience, self-study manuals, and point of need training. Good written and verbal communication skills are also required.
The Sr. Consultant works on internal and customer facing consulting projects of low-to-medium complexity with significant responsibilities for completion of entire project sections. Sr. Consultants also lead "standard" projects of low complexity.
- Emerges as a significant contributor and leader on project efforts, with the ability to assume responsibility/ownership for entire project components.
- Grows technical capacity beyond the core Citrix products and underlying technologies. Able to breakdown complex problems into manageable pieces and follow a structured process to resolve them.
- Holds teammates accountable for their commitments and helps coordinate team activities to ensure task completion.
- Stays up to date on the latest tools, methods, and measures both within Citrix and in the industry.
- Proactively, clearly, and openly shares information and ideas with others; asks for, listens to, and uses feedback and input.
- Talks openly with others, inside and outside of the company, about the things happening at Citrix.
- Prioritizes and focuses on what is most important for their individual deliverables, with consideration for the impact on team deliverables.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Independent problem solving skills
- Ability, initiative and accountability to execute broad assignments requiring minimal direction
- Solid professional communication skills
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited university preferred (or equivalent experience)
1-3 yrs experience as Consultant or equivalent experience.
Positive customer service attitude
Willing to travel 70-80% of the time within the country or GEO.
CCEA and MCSE/MCITP certifications preferred
- Prior experience with people-management and mentorship in a direct and/or matrix reporting capacity
- Communication - Proactively, clearly, and openly shares information and ideas with others; asks for, listens to, and uses feedback and input
- Accountability - Holds teammates accountable for their commitments and helps coordinate team activities to ensure task completion
- Teamwork - Thinks and acts in terms of "We," rather than "Us vs. Them"
- Excellence Orientation - Is solution-focused, eager to develop skills and actively seeks learning opportunities
- Innovation - Shows resourcefulness by taking what is and making it better
- Leading Change - Helps peers and others understand the benefits of change and adapt to it
- TalentBuilding - Accurately assesses and supports the strengths and developmental needs of self and others
- Strategic Thinking - Prioritizes and focuses on what is most important for their individual deliverables, with consideration for the impact on team deliverables
- Authenticity - "Walks the talk" – ensuring that their actions are consistent with their words
- Inspiring Others - Brings out the best in others with supportive and positive demeanor
- Business Savvy - Stays up to date on the latest tools, methods, and measures both within Citrix and in the industry
- Relaying Vision - Talks openly with others, inside and outside of the company, about the good things happening at Citrix
- Project Execution - Emerges as a significant contributor and leader on project efforts, with the ability to assume responsibility/ownership for entire project components.
- Services Development - Demonstrates a solid understanding of consulting service offerings and the ability to communicate their value, tie them to business goals, and provide high-level scoping and guidelines.
- Design/Technical - Grows technical capacity beyond the core Citrix products and underlying.
Working with Citrix puts you in the forefront of technology. Engage and discover the possibilities when you take your career to the unequivocal leader of service and application delivery. Every day, our teams are developing solutions that are deployed in thousands of networks around the globe to optimize, secure and control the delivery of all enterprise and cloud services. Elevate to the world's most advanced cloud network platform by applying online for the Senior Consultant position.