• Leads the preparation of all required financial and cost reports and provides cost input into all project reporting in close liaison with the Project Teams and Company Finance.
• Leads the development of the controls budget and prepares forecasts to ensure budget requirements are within project expectations and approved funding levels and keeps management aware of potential budget deviations as early as possible.
• Coordinates the development of the detailed monthly project cost stewardship process, including cost forecast, for each project and leads the development of the cost forecast for other Owner's costs (project management, logistics, etc)
• Leads the development of monthly allocations for services provided by Project to other Company groups and works closely with Company Finance to implement
• Leads the development and documentation of backcharges to contractors for Company provided services and works closely with Company Finance and the Project teams to implement
• Ensures project cost control procedures and processes are implemented on the project for the accurate reporting of cost commitments, expenditures, VOWD, and estimates at completion.
• Coordinates and assists in the preparation of Company Business Plan as well as updates to other planning processes required by Company and Shareholders. Presents same to Project Controls Team Lead and Business Manager.
• Ensures approved project change management are input to the control systems on a timely basis and that changes, trends and forecasts reflect the project scope.
• Assists in the preparation of the final project close-out report and asset register.
• Prepares and review preparation of project cost control reports and documentation.
• Maintains all project forecasts and payment schedules
• Monitors variances from the current budget and assists all project members with the control, formulation and interpretation of budgets, trends, and estimates at completion. Provides variance analysis, interprets gap analysis and reports deviations from plan or budget Assists in the preparation of the required weekly and monthly work hour and cost status reports.
• Interfaces with various project departments regarding cost reporting requirements and ensures that information is correctly and efficiently submitted.
• Interfaces with project Financial Controller to ensure that invoicing and costs are as planned
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Good experience in Project Cost Control for major capital projects with minimum 10 years within the oil and gas industry
• Fluent in English (read, write, speak)
• Knowledge of special application software packages.