- Provide cost estimating input into Field Developments studies, Opportunity and Project Maturation, Plants and Facilities upgrades and optimisations in terms of estimate initiation & planning, scope interpretation & completeness checks, location specific surveys, work breakdown structure alignment, use of estimating tools and norms, contingency determination, preparation and documentation of estimate basis report, cost & cost trend analysis and cost database management.
- Develop, implement and maintain fit-for-purpose cost estimating norms/models covering high-level screening estimates through to detailed cost estimates.
- Present all developed estimates for review in compliance with the SPDC and Group standards and correct deficiencies including closing out action points arising from lesson learned from review of others.
- Participate in opportunity and project audits / reviews, including integrated technical reviews, ESARs, VARs, peer assists and technical challenge sessions to ensure consistent application of SPDC and Group Cost estimating standards.
- Perform internal and external benchmarking (i.e. against historical performance, industry norms and established Key Performance Indicators) to improve and optimize prepared cost estimates.
- Develop own skills and competence in line with changing business needs and technical advances in Cost Estimating and keep abreast of new developments, both within Shell and industry.
Contribute to a healthy and safe work environment through knowledge and awareness of and adherence to the company’s HSSE policy
A university degree in Engineering, Science or Quantity Surveying, with a minimum of 7 years of experience, preferably in a project environment in the E&P business. Working knowledge of cost estimating including estimating systems, tools and practices. Good inter-personal and leadership skills. Good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.