- Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as a Senior Data Manager at MRC Fajara. The post-holder will work closely with the datapse development team to ensure that the study databases meet the data collection needs of studies.
- S/he will develop, organise and implement quality control and cleaning processes of databases that require extensive liasion and tactful communication with field personnel as well as with other senior staff.
- B.Sc or equivalent in Computing, Data management or a related subject.
- Extensive work experience and proficiency in data management with preference given to data management for medical research.
- Diverse expertise in managing complex data from different systems, including operational systems as well as different study and trial designs in both clinical trials and observational studies.
- Previous experience of dealing accurately and efficiently with large volumes of data from varied sources in multi-disciplinary research projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills, analytical skills and judgement.
- Working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Clinical Research, Clinical trial process and related regulatory requirements and terminology.
- Working knowledge of Clinical database applications.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience of training and supervising staff.
- Good working knowledge of database management software (MS Access essential and SQL Server preferred).
- Systematic approach and attention to detail.
- The ability to conduct study activities according to the protocols.
- The ability to work co-operatively in a team.
- Understanding of the confidential nature of the work.
- M.Sc in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Management or related field.
- Previous experience working in a Research/Slinical lab field.
- Experience in supporting electronic data capture processes.
- Experience in using Open Clinica or any Clinical Data Management System.
Remuneration and Benefits
- The salary will be paid in Grade 2,30 Points of MRC Unit The Gambia’s payscale at a net monthly salary of 54, 366 Dalasi. This converts to a net pay of $1, 294 approximately per month using the prevailing Dalasi/USD exchange rate.
- Please note that the salary will be paid in Dalasi and that the USD figure quoted is only given as a guide.
- For displaced staff the package will include rent- free furnished accommodation, flights, displacement allowance for spouse and children, contribution to school fees and shipment of personal effects.