The Data Quality Business Analyst will perform key analytical and data research functions within the Data Quality team. This role will perform in-depth research, root-cause analysis, and proactive data monitoring for data quality issues relating to mortgage systems. The analyst will focus primarily on data extraction, data analysis, data life-cycle documentation and documentation of remediation options.
- Work with Data Stewards and subject matter experts to research reported data anomalies, identify root causes, and determine solutions.
- Work with data source systems and target systems to identify data issues, data gaps, identify and recommend solutions.
- Perform data modeling and data analysis, as required.
- Create, define, and maintain data life-cycle documentation representing data elements across multiple upstream and downstream systems.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs.
- Act as liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred.
- 3 + years business analysis experience.
- Previous Audit experience a plus
- Ability to write SQL or leverage TOAD
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and logical thinking.
- Ability to influence and lead in a collaborative environment.
- Well developed communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, drive for results, effective at prioritizing and managing multiple complex initiatives concurrently.
- Ability to work independently, providing structure in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle and associated controls.
- Mortgage Banking experience is preferred.
- Work Schedule: Monday- Friday, 2PM-11PM Manila Time