· Provide the business with a stable, managed DBA envirionment to allow the continued growth of the buisness
· Proactive monitoring of performance and capacity of RDBMS.
· Issue, problem and change management.
· Database design/architecture/engineering contribution.
· Project resourcing in a timely manner.
· Interface with application support/development staff on production/development issues.
· Provide performance tuning expertise.
· Develop/Maintain/Enhance standard proceedures and supporting documentation for DB maintenance/scheduling/server builds/auditing/monitoring/account administration.
· Manage the release of software into the production environement.
· Maintain and report on patch levels across the environemt.
· Commission new systems.
· Provide out-of-hours cover for production systems.
· Embracement of FTS model
· Adherence to Technology Security Standards
· Experienced Database Administrator with 10+ years of banking experience.
· High level of OLTP an OLAP/DSS database administration expertise.
· Supporting mission critical database systems.
· Delivery of mid/large scale database projects.
· High level of Security/Audit awareness and committment to it.
· Service oriented support frameworks experience (ITIL)
· Degree educated.
· Investment banking experience.
· Experience of project management methodologies such as PRINCE2.