The Senior Development Manager [SDM] reports to the Head of Terminal + Support Facilities and is tasked with managing dedicated major projects within the various portfolios at DIA and DWC. The SDM will work alongside the master planning and business improvement teams to assist with the definition of the strategic development briefs [where required] that pull together the stakeholder requirements and needs of the various business units affected by the development programme. The SDM will also work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure their requirements are fully assessed for viability, capital efficiency, programme achievement, commercial viability and thereafter incorporated into the master plan and specific strategic briefing documentation and delivery programmes..
The SDM is fully involved throughout the whole development process, generating optimum value in the definition of solutions and ensuring the efficient execution of development activity. This includes but is not limited to the influencing of strategic planning, generation of strategic brief definition, design management, review and audit, construction progress monitoring, practical completion and ORAT activities with a key focus on delivery.
A key purpose of the SDM role is to be the focal point and area of expertise for stakeholder engagement and resolution of day to day actions arising as a result of the development programme and to professionally represent Dubai Airports in their day to day assignments. Communication to line management and regular progress update reports form a core function and purpose of the SDM role while also identifying and resolving [where possible] key risks and obstacles contained or generated within the programme of work.
- Assist Head of Terminal & Support Development in ensuring there is effective coordination and management of the DA and DCAEP interface to address risks and issues affecting the deliverables of the SP2020 programme. Adopt a strong internal and external stakeholder management focus at project level (Project Board/Development team) ensuring effective working relationship with clarity of brief and project requirements.
- Ensure there is effective utilization of the CPO internal governance and communication of the SP2020 programme for allocated projects to enable effective planning across all DA Units against a clear milestone programme. When required, plan for, select, deploy and manage consultant resource (external) optimizing technical expertise and team fit against specific development requirements to achieve optimum project outcomes.
- When required, produce SME input to project strategic briefs including performance targets at appropriate project stages to ensure requirements are explicit. Provide SME support across the business and ensure the Development team provides value added support in the planning and delivery of projects at DXB and DWC on behalf of Dubai Airports and the associated stakeholder community.
- Coordinate with other Development Managers and Heads of Departments to ensure effective integration across all Development portfolios and plan ahead to identify impacts on cross functional portfolios identifying key interfaces and dependencies
- Deliver effective and regular weekly, monthly reports on progress of allocated workload to enable key risks and opportunities to be identified and acted upon in a timely manner taking account of the impacts on other portfolios and user groups.
- Effectively manage external and internal development management resources made available for use on project and specific studies as and when required including the management of budget utilization, deliverables managements and future funding requirements of the specific development unit.
Qualified to degree level with post graduate and/or professional qualification preferably in associated design / development / management field.
At least 10 year’s project formulation and design experience in an aviation / transportation development role with excellent operations, development and construction knowledge. Strong brief and report writing skills, in-depth understanding of concept development and subsequent detailed involvement at all project stages from design through procurement, construction and handover. Construction experience a distinct advantage together with exposure to live operational construction development.
- Aviation terminology and regulations including local and international codes and standards.
- Demonstrate a full subject matter expertise and understanding of passenger terminal concepts of operational environments including but not limited to all arrival and departure key passenger process points including but not limited to car parks, rail interchanges, forecourt, check in, baggage systems, immigration and security, boarding gates, airbridges, aircraft configurations, transfers, remote processing and contact operations, baggage reclaim, onward transportation, wayfinding, advertising and commercial offerings [lounges, F+B, retail] etc.
- Concise reporting against time and programme parameters to inform the business at all levels of delays that will impact operations. Accurate analysis of project performance utilizing industry exposure and maturity to gauge probable and realistic deadline achievements and forecast.