Baker Hughes creates value for Oil & Gas companies by offering leading drilling. formation evaluation, completion and production products and services. Our leading technologies – and our ability to apply them safely and effectively – create value for our customers and our shareholders.
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, we offer opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Engineers, scientists, technicians and business professionals can make their careers at Baker Hughes. We continuously strive to develop our own leaders by hiring the best and then promoting them from within.
- Provides advice and direction to external customer and third-party wellsite colleagues as appropriate.
- Provides resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the wellsite where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product line's tool(s) and/or service(s).
- Work is evaluated upon completion by a field Supervisor (where appropriate), local Operations Management and the external Customer to ensure objectives have been met.
- Acts as a project leader and mentors junior field engineers to requisite competency levels.
- Expected to maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism.
- Executes other related duties as assigned.
- Performs on job training and mentorship to junior Engineers.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a Directional Driller
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience with and knowledge of Directional and/or other wellbore positioning software
- Experience with and knowledge of Advantage Engineering and/or other Directional Drilling software
- Deep water directional drilling experience would be beneficial
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience of AutoTrak or other Rotary Steerable Systems
- Be able to work with First Alert
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Active role in HSE & Quality compliance
- Nurture Team Spirit.