Our Client has been operating as a regional upstream oil and gas company in the United Arab Emirates for almost forty years. It began its activities in the early 1970’s and was the first regional, independent, privately-owned Middle Eastern petroleum company to engage in the acquisition, exploration and development of petroleum concessions; and the production and sale of crude oil, petroleum products and natural gas. It is headquartered in UAE, with international offices strategically located in the UK, Iraq and Iran and affiliate offices in Canada and Egypt.
• Directs, supervises, and controls the activities of assigned personnel in allocating work and determining priorities.
• Performs supervisory functions and exercises financial authority as established by Management.
• Reviews and endorses invoices.
• Ensures that the daily operations on the rig are reported accurately, confirming costs, and discuss completed operations with Supervisor.
• Discusses the operations plan with concerned parties, verifies, and approves the rig requirement for equipment, material, and manpower before raising request form.
• Assigns and directs certain tasks to well engineer for further investigation and ensures receiving feedback.
• Calls for meetings, as necessary, to discuss operations problems/ improvements and communicates results to concerned personnel.
• Reviews data sheets received & modifies work plan to acquire cost effective means.
• Reviews and amends drilling, work over and re-entry detailed instructions in consultation with Supervisor.
• Discusses proposals with subordinates and Supervisor and modifies as necessary
• Arranges for the pre-spud meeting on the rig to discuss the Well instructions and highlights important issues.
• Participates in the investigation and reporting of major accidents and high potential incidents and makes necessary recommendations for improvement.
• Ensures strict adherence to Company's safety standards and procedures
• Carries out frequent Group safety meetings self inspection and self auditing to ensure plant and equipment are properly maintained.
• Implements and maintains HSE programne,
• Conducts risk assessments and prepares special procedures for non-routine operations and activities.
• Performs other related &duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Bachelor Degree in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering.
• 12 years experience in drilling operations of which at least 5 years should have been in a supervisory capacity in onshore exploratory drilling.
• Good knowledge of English language.