Communications is a team of editors, translators and media relations professionals, who work closely with lines of business across Moody’s to provide strategic communications support around message development and media engagement on issues of credit risk
- In-depth editing and, where needed, redrafting of Moody’s rating action press releases, credit reports, industry outlooks and special comments across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
- Responsibility for providing editorial support one or more lines of business.
- Write newsworthy press releases (to publicise selected Moody’s reports) and occasionally articles for placement in external journals.
- Help analysts draft executive summaries and convert public remarks into published research.
- Contribute to team efforts to help train analysts, when required, to write concise credit-focused reports, roll out new or updated report formats, and/or ensure that Moody’s house style is applied consistently.
- Contribute to team efforts to help train other team members.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Background in editing financial, economic or banking research
- Well developed IT skills, including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively within a team of editors and translators and liaise with analysts across the EMEA region.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is essential. Command of other European languages would be an advantage but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Effective team player
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organised and efficient
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Work using own initiative and without close supervision