To provide Electrical Engineering expertise in all aspects of power generation and distribution systems (e.g. equipment selection, definition of power and electrical drive systems, transmission and distribution requirements, earthling and lightning protection) during detailed design, installation, procurement, construction and commissioning phases of the project.
- Responsible for effective implementation and operation of maintenance management system and spares/tools as it relates to instrument, control and systems to safeguard as-built integrity of the facilities to achieve best value for money throughout the
plant life cycle.
- Ensure high reliability of safeguarding, control, instrumentation and systems facilities by developing /implementing appropriate maintenance strategy.
- Carry out fire-fighting system integrity checks by executing periodic test to ascertain A&R.
- Design input. 2. Drawing reviews. 3. Hazop and Hazid. 4. Inspection and audits.
- Generate the facility maintenance reference plan (MRP) that ensures an all-embracing and structured maintenance management as an input to the Asset Reference Plan.
- Provide Electrical Engineering support and direction in the development of FEED through detail design and up to development of approved for construction drawings.
- Co-ordinate all design/ reviews for the project relating to mechanical systems and rotating machinery, ensuring HSE and SD requirements are fully met. Serve as Corrective Action Manager (CAM) for all Electrical Engineering design reviews.
- Participate in company’s drive to enhance its asset integrity both from a design as well as an operational point of view for all projects in the pre-startup phase. Identify cost effectiveness and innovative technology application.
- Provide Electrical Engineering support in the bidder’s selection and preparation of the ITT, clarification and technical evaluation of all the execution contracts.
- Achieve project schedules within budget, ensuring that project plans are implemented and maintained.
- To achieve cost effectiveness and a 'fit-for-purpose' design without compromising technical integrity, operability, maintainability and reliability.
Key Competencies and skills:
- Leading a team.
- Understanding the importance of the company’s business and safety requirements.
- Demonstrate effective management of Customer/Suppliers/Contractors Relations.
- Determine Facility Maintenance Requirements.
- Broad knowledge and application of Risk Assessment for all construction and operation field tasks.
- Ability to seek opportunities to expand and apply technical knowledge, skill and experience in doing own job.
- Identify Electrical Power Requirements Execute Electrical Feasibility Studies
- Define Electrical Drive Systems
- Specify Power systems
- Define Electrical System Philosophy & Network Configurations
- Specify Transmission & distribution requirements
- Define Electrical Drive Systems
- Safe systems of Work
Required Education and Experience:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering with 8 to 10 years of experience in electrical engineering projects, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Good conceptual innovative thinking with technical, analytical and commercial business skills.
- Well-developed personal relations and communications skills are paramount for success. Inter-cultural awareness, leadership and team integration abilities are a requirement.
- Knowledge of maintenance and integrity issues over the full asset life cycle.