- planning, developing and implementing PR strategies;
- sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities;
- liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople;
- liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, often via telephone and email;
- researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
- organising promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits
- speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
- providing clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress
- analysing media coverage
- commissioning or undertaking relevant market research
- liaising with clients, managerial and journalistic staff about budgets, timescales and objectives
- designing, writing and/or producing presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, ‘in-house' journals, reports, publicity brochures, information for web sites and promotional videos.
- writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
- preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
- devising and coordinating photo opportunities;
- maintaining and updating information on the organisation's website;
- managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook;
- commissioning market research;
- fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives;
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
A degree in any subject is acceptable; although English, Management, Business or Media studies, Marketing or Behavioural sciences may be preferred A PR postgraduate qualification can be an added advantage
Skills and qualities
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational, scheduling and planning skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to juggle different priorities and meet deadlines.
- Awareness of current affairs and a passion for finding out new information/Media Agenda.
- Self-confident and sociable – ability to network effectively.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Stamina, energy and drive.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Achievement orientated and results driven.
- Good IT Skills