Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Executive Secretary of ADEA (Director), the Senior Finance and Budget Officer will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and provide appropriate guidelines to enable the Secretariat and Working Groups to prepare detailed annual budgets for their activities;
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budget, on the basis of ADEA's integrated annual work plan for review by ADEA's Executive Committee and approval by its Steering Committee;
- Implement the allocation of funds to individual units at the Secretariat and Working Groups according to the approved budget;
- Set up and update ADEA's budget system in collaboration with AfDB's Financial Controller Department (FFCO);
- Monitor ADEA's overall budget implementation and issue monthly and quarterly internal reports;
- Provide necessary guidance to the Secretariat and Working Groups on the application of AfDB's financial rules and regulations;
- Maintain ADEA's accounts in full compliance with the financial regulations contained in the Memorandum of Understanding which ADEA signed with AfDB;
- Prepare and provide accurate financial accounts for the annual external audit exercise and provide the auditors with all necessary information they need to carry out their assignment;
- Maintain a consistent oversight of ADEA's income and expenditure and ensure correct and up-to-date accounting;
- Certify and monitor payments of invoices, and coordinate disbursements to Working Groups and partners based on contribution agreements;
- Prepare detailed financial analysis on income and expenditure for the Executive Secretary’s annual reporting to the Steering Committee;
- Provide relevant financial data to the Resource Mobilization and Partnership Officer in proposals writing, negotiation and negotiation with donors.
- Oversee and provide guidance to ADEA staff on the host institution's human resources policies, rules and regulations that are applicable to ADEA.