- Responsible for carrying out period close activities and preparation of periodic financial statements for external/internal reporting
- Responsible for managing and ensuring timely entry of transactions to the sub-ledgers and its subsequent reconciliation into general ledger
- Timely preparation of trial balances from the sub-ledger and general ledger for period close activities
- Maintenance of various accounting areas like fixed assets, parts inventory, cash, reconciliation of accounts and resolving any reconciling item
- Analyzes transaction data for the purpose of identifying potential budget variances, compiling statistical information
- Developing procedures, and conforming to established financial practices and regulatory requirements
- Preparing timetable for the submission of required reports to the regulatory or statutory bodies and notifying the relevant units of required reports based on the timetable
- Resolving variances in period close activities with various departments.
- Responsible for the maintenance of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Prepares and maintain complex journal entries in the respective accounting books
- Timely preparation of monthly journal entries and the reconciliation of the accounts and related schedules
- Verify and maintain supporting documents/bills for all accounting transactions
- Assists with payroll accounting (e.g. calculating payroll tax deposits, reconciles payroll data etc.) for the purpose of providing requested supporting documentation, information on internal processes, and/or coordinating activities
- Carry out any other duty as requested by the Line Manager.
- Minimum of HND/ B.Sc. in Accounting
- Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant with ACA, ACCA etc.
- At least 4- 7 years of relevant work experience
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of accounting standards and practices
- Good knowledge of budgeting and fund management practices
- Usage of ERP accounting application(s)
- Good analytical skills
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite especially MS Excel
- Analytical skills
- Coordination Skills
- Interpersonal skills