Under the supervision of the Chief of Security, the incumbent will:
- Carry out evaluation and diagnostics of fire security risks, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the full array of Bank activities and of the work of contractors.
- Assess and determine existing risk levels, basing judgment on a comprehensive knowledge of fire and physical security risk management techniques, policies and accepted best practices.
- Identify and quantify fire spreading risks, based on an expert knowledge of materials flammability, storage of hazardous substances, etc…
- Ensure compliance with existing fire security standards applicable to high-rise buildings and public buildings for all Bank locations.
- Develop and propose a global fire security organization based on international regulations for prevention and protection.
- Ensure the proper deployment of procedures by organizing regular evacuation exercises, training and information sessions for the benefit of Bank staff.
- Coordinate closely with internal Bank partners such as the Business Continuity Manager and the Division of Human resources responsible for Health and Safety.
- Provide security advice to the Head of the Security Unit in both a pro-active and reactive manner;
- Prepare, for approval of the Chief of the Security, all Côte d’Ivoire related security documentation such as risk assessments, security procedures, reports concerning threat levels, security incidents involving ADB personnel, the organization of security at the Headquarters and the analysis of security events affecting the ADB itself;
- Conduct liaison with all contracted security companies and manage security contracts;
- Control access to all Bank facilities in Cote d’Ivoire;
- Implement technical security improvements to all Bank facilities in Cote d’Ivoire.
- Develop and supervise security training programs for SECU staff at HQ in Abidjan.
- A minimum of Master's Degree in liberal arts, business or security related fields
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in fire and physical security.
- Knowledge of crisis and emergency plans
- Knowledge in security training programs
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge and use of Bank processes and systems will be an asset.
- Knowledge of the Bank's . rules and procedures will be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and/or French. A good working knowledge of the other language is an added advantage
- Working experience in a multilateral development organization is an asset;
- Proven good interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity and the ability to build trust and provide consultancy to different stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, consult and advice on security issues and change management initiatives.
- Strong communication, client orientation; and multi-tasking skills.
- Be conversant with the Bank’s software, i.e., Word, Excel, SAP, MS Project and PowerPoint.