We’re the BAT West Africa HR team - playful, fun, helpful, and dead serious. We’re tasked with one of the company’s most important goals: preserving and driving BAT’s amazing culture. We do this by making sure we work with brilliant, inspiring individuals and teams. It’s our job to make sure we raise the bar with every hire. We work hard - very hard - but every day, we are rewarded by the amazing, joyful people around us. We’re creating the best team in the world.
The successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for creating meaningful experiences and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. BAT’s Senior HR Business Partner – Operations will lead the delivery of our HR strategy for our Operations/Manufacturing function located in Ibadan (with satellite offices in Iseyin and Zaria) with responsibility for an employee base of 450 full time employees and another 300 contract employees.
- Develop an Operations Human Resources strategy aligned to the strategic objectives and priorities for WAA Operations and the EEMEA region
- Lead the development and delivery of HR programs and practices that enable the delivery of business results in line with Operations strategic objectives
- Support line managers in creating a climate which encourages innovation (using recognition schemes)
- Demonstrate strong HR and business leadership involvement in the West Africa Area Operations Leadership Team (OPSLT) as well as the Area Human Resources Leadership Team (HRLT)
- Recruitment and retention of high calibre talent – having the right people for the right jobs
- Establishing a culture of commitment, openness, trust, transparency and integrity
- Implementation of adequate training and development interventions and solutions.
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to own and drive strategy
- Competitive salary
- International mobility
- Medical, Pension, Gratuity:…………….and the list goes on
- Seven to Ten years of progressive HR experience preferably in a multinational organisation.
- Bachelor degree in related field; MBA or GPHR certification or actively working towards the completion is an asset.
- Demonstrated HR experience in a manufacturing facility
- Previous leadership, Change Management or Human Resource Management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management practices and employment related legislation.
- Ability to build an effective leadership pipeline and robust succession plan.