This role is responsible for the design and delivery of the strategic people plan for all Service Delivery divisions in the Santander UK Risk Division, working across the HR function through a team of Business Partners and AoE’s to ensure consistent delivery and focus on activities which contribute to making Santander UK the Best Bank to work for.
As a Senior HR Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for the provision of HR support across multiple sites ensuring a holistic and non-siloed approach to supporting the business and HR function in delivery of strategic objectives. Stakeholder management of Service Delivery business areas, in conjunction with playing a critical leadership role across the HR function.
- Develops a people plan for operational areas and integrates the plan into the wider HR strategy ensuring key linkages. Manages a programme of activity to implement the business plan and takes a lead in implementing organisational change initiatives.
- Management of a HRBP team, providing required leadership and setting clear guidelines and objectives for team members. Ensures that expertise and guidance is available to stakeholders and clients.
- Leads the development of effective working relationships with senior stakeholders to ensure understanding of current and future needs in the business including specialist interventions, best practice and external influences.
- Driving cross functional initiatives such as Talent Management, owning relationships with AoE’s whilst embedding these initiatives successfully within the business. Embedding Santander UK values and HR operating model, championing the self service model with the business, ensuring a Simple, Personal and Fair approach.
As a Senior HR Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Operating as a senior professional you will have experience of both specialist and generalist delivery.
- You will be credible HR Professional with experience in leading significant change programmes.
- Strong communication skills, business and commercial awareness.
- Ability to influence to the highest level within a large organisation.
- Proven technical expertise in HR disciplines i.e. organisational design, talent, training and development, reward and employee relations. Ability to analyse and interpret HRMI and lead cost management processes.