• To define scope of work, plan, execute, analyze and record all inspection activities ensuring adherence to HSE guidelines, RBI / IDMS and professional engineering practices.
• To assist Inspection Section Head in preparation of Capital / Operating / EOM budgets and be focal point for the Annual Activity Plan with responsibility of ensuring all milestones are achieved.
• To assess deterioration mechanisms, corrosion rates and investigation of failures in order to establish in RBI inspection frequencies and corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
• To identify equipment / piping threats and hazards and proactively recommend solutions and alert Inspection Section Head in order to prevent any loss of containment and to maintain equipment / piping integrity.
• To monitor and assure the effectiveness and operation of online monitoring systems of Cathodic Protection, corrosion coupons, corrosion inhibitor and advise the required actions to be taken in order to enable continuous operations.
• To assist Inspection Section Head for long and short-term Inspection Business Plans.
• To provide feed back to RBI Engineer about present integrity operating window, updating and implementing the Risk Based Inspection (RBI) methodology to enhance plant integrity and reliability.
• Advise on repair techniques, materials selection, welding procedures, inspection/ testing requirements including all activities related with Pressure vessel inspection and repair, in accordance with NBIC code (R stamp, OUIO) and participates in plant modifications (PCR’s) and projects if requested by Inspection Section Head.
• To participate in various site level audits and identify areas of concerns and prepare dedicated inspection procedures to follow up their resolution in order to improve plant integrity.
• To comply with all Company Health, Safety and Environment as well as Work Permit, Policies and Procedures.
• To train and develop the assigned staff with emphasis on development and integration of UAE Nationals.
• Consolidation of the Management Systems / Procedures i.e, ISO-9001:2008, Integrity meetings, NBIC Certification, fully functional IWS (Inspection Work Sheet in Maximo) and compliance with all without deviations.
- A degree in Corrosion Science/Engineering. Other related Engineering disciplines has to be supported by sound experience (e.g. Chemical, Metallurgist or Mechanical)
- Minimum 10 years of experience with corrosion control and corrosion management in the oil and gas industry. Responsibilities include corrosion mitigation/inhibition.
- Knowledgeable about subsurface and surface oil field facilities and processes.
- Skilled in corrosion principles, corrosion control, corrosion management, pipeline inspection and maintenance.