The individual will be responsible for developing designs to the satisfaction of customers and will also supervise projects from start to finish. Some business development work such as making presentations will be involved.
- Oversee the interior design process and deliverables, establish project direction and work within project budgets and schedules.
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources
- Manage multiple projects and a team of intermediate and junior designers; delegate and assign tasks appropriately
- Understand the requirements of the plans, life safety issues, building codes and other technical aspects; knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, codes, technical drawing, contract administration and business practices.
- Prepare and administer construction documents consisting of plans, elevations, details and specifications, to illustrate non-structural and/or non-seismic partition layouts; power and communications locations reflected ceiling and lighting plans; materials, products and finishes; and furniture selection, specifications and layouts
- Administer contract documents, bids and negotiations as the client’s consultant; coordinate and collaborate with other design professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services, including but not limited to architects, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers and various specialty consultants
- Assist with permit tender applications as required
- Complete construction administration from tender through project close out
- Work to a project fee and client budget
- Foster and cultivate good client relationships
- Mentor and train intermediate and junior designers
- Must have experience working on large, complex projects.
- Must have experience supervising architects and other people.
- Proficiency in Revit and other Architectural software.
- Proficiency in Adobe applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience of which two should be with a firm of consulting architects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Should be Available to travel.