The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidate for the position of Senior Internal Auditor at its Headquarters in Ibadan.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties
- Act as head of the Unit in the absence of the incumbent
- Assist the Unit head in the preparation of the Report to the Audit Committee
- Assist in development of the Unit's annual risk based Audit work plan
- Assist the Unit head in managing the units activities
- Carry out review of audit working paper files
- Assist in the monitoring of adherence to the Annual work plan
- Monitor the unit's annual budget under direction of the Unit head
- Develop and Review Audit work programs
- Carry out review of Internal Control and processes
- Carry out substantive test of transactions and examination of records
- Carry out operational and financial audits
- Propose recommendation for Improving operations and controls
- Write and review audit reports
- Provide advice and support to Unit heads and project Managers
- carry of investigations as may be required
- Liaise with external auditor
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor
Educational, Experience and Other Requirements
- HND/BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or any other relevant field with 7 years of experience in Auditing of which 2 years is in a senior position
- Professional Membership of any of the following: ICAN, ACCA, CIA, CISA is highly essential.
- Possession of MBA is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good knowledge of International Auditing Standard
- experience of ORACLE system or any ERP package
- Good communication skills
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritise and take initiative
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.