DQGP/SIA/06/03- SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
Our client, a leading conglomerate in Nigeria with an increasing focus in printing and publishing, CD replication and food/beverage production, is recruiting to fill the position of: Senior Internal Auditor.
Candidate must possess a degree in Accounting or any related discipline with a Minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate work experience and must have worked in an Audit (practicing) firm for a minimum of five (5) years. MBA and professional certifications will be an added advantage.
· Risk assessment, internal control development & execution. Business process validation. Conduct the overall risk assessment of the company and development of annual audit plan.
· Supervise the preparation and execution of annual audit plan.
· Assist in critical project management including the planning, scheduling, coordinating and reporting of audit work.
· Report assignment relating to regulatory compliance, operational auditing, and financial/material auditing
· Identify errors and control deficiencies. Understand and communicate the impact on the business of control deficiencies. Identify and recommend cost savings and improvement opportunities.
· Identify and recommend business process changes resulting in strengthened internal controls and operational efficiencies.
· Ensure that recommendations are clearly presented to management and that a subsequent audit is issued promptly.
• Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
• Good awareness of other departments in the company with risk, control, and governance responsibilities and what is necessary for successful tactical collaboration and information sharing
• Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
• Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises. Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – should be inquisitive
• Ability to apply audit standards through practical application. Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate.
Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Job title and code as the subject of the mail.