Plans, directs and coordinates activities of assigned projects to ensure project goals or objectives are accomplished within approved time frame, scope and budget. Independently and effectively manages assigned projects. Refer to Authorities for Project Criteria
Project Planning & Execution:
* Initiates projects and manages the definition of high level scope.
* Seeks out industry trends and organization knowledge to understand alternative approaches / solutions.
* Recommends best solutions incorporating build, buy or wait based on understanding of business issues.
* Develops integrated baseline project plans adapting estimating models as required, documents estimating assumptions, refines plans and manages performance against them using Enterprise Project Management.
* Provides schedule and costs forecasts including risk based provisions.
* Identifies resources and skills required.
* Captures and tracks metrics and performs trend analysis.
* Applies program decision framework (who does what; how to communicate) and contributes to its ongoing improvement.
* Manages project scope/requirements changes, multiple and competing demands and priorities determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk using appropriate fact-based metrics/assumptions.
* Determines quality standards and oversees the execution/production of project deliverables and management documents.
* Identifies and manages project costs and budgets using MIS and PWA and ensures monthly recovery of the costs of all project resources.
* Anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them using the appropriate methodology.
* Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, removes barriers, resolves issues of medium complexity involving stakeholders and escalates to appropriate level where required.
* Identifies and resolves/escalates potential conflicts between long-term architecture direction and project constraints.
* Assesses ambiguous situations and provides clarity to team and stakeholders as required.
* Promotes innovative or improved methods to get the work done and implements best practices.
* Manages project closure initiatives.
Relationships & Communication:
* Provides superior client experience and strengthens relationship with business partner.
* Collaborates with colleagues across the organization to get things done.
* Manages project communications including status reports to all stakeholders.
* Provides senior management with timely updates on project issues.
Recommends external vendors and third parties and manages the relationships at the project level.
* Sets direction and vision for the project teams they manage.
* Builds project management capability on the team.
* Manages performance, reward and recognition.
* Holds Project Managers/Team Leaders accountable for managerial work.
* Coaches and mentors Project Managers/Team Leaders.
* Selects & builds a high performing diverse team that leverages individual capabilities & strengths.
* Promotes a mindset for sustained success, growth and diversity.
* Spearheads and guides people through changes.
* Develops self.
* Achievement Motivation (4)
* Breakthrough Thinking (3)
* Business Acumen (4)
* Customer Insight (3)
* Dealing with Ambiguity (5)
* Strategic Influencing (4)
* Teamwork and Cooperation (6)
* Change Leadership (4)
* Developing Others (5)
Experience (to enter position)
* Delivery of 5+ projects resulting in an application system implementation
* Advanced skills in interacting with senior business and IT executives for discussion of business cases, issues, conflicts, and presentations on project status, etc.
Vendor management, & contract negotiation. Conflict
* Issues resolution and management of ambiguity at the Business/Function level.
* Relationship Manager and collaborator with colleagues, clients and third parties
* Demonstrated leadership ability
* RBC Project Management Excellence Program
* Degree level education or equivalent experience
* Project Plan development & management
* Work breakdown structure
* Task based plans
* Assumption & risk based plans
* Base-lining & scheduling
* Scheduling methodology (CPM, GERT, PERT)
* Waterfall and iterative methodologies
* Project metrics gathering
* Project metrics reporting
* Project metrics analysis
* Project metrics trend analysis & education
* Project metrics creation
* Program Plan and metrics
* Program Governance
* Meta Model creation
* Risk Assessment & quantification methodologies
* Issues escalation and resolution
* Facilitation Skills
* Scope change management
* Cost/Benefit Analysis & alternatives identification
* Budgeting, project costs management
* Quality Controls
* Communication management & plans
* Knowledge of relevant technology
* Knowledge of IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM and audit requirements
* General knowledge of factors affecting business
* BU Specific Strategies & Critical Success Factors
* Trends in the marketplace/ technology
People Management Knowledge
* RBC HR philosophy, principles, direction, policies & guidelines
* Talent Management process (recruitment/selection, performance management/, performance development/ coaching, reward/recognition)
* Workforce Planning
* Job Design
* Organization Design