Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Corporate Secretary of the ALSF, the incumbent will be responsible for the following activities in connection with the activities of the ALSF:
- Draft preliminary legal documents required for the effective operation of the ALSF’s institutional matters as well as related to agreements or contracts to be concluded on behalf of the ALSF and furnish key information, documentation and legal advice as required;
- Drafting and/or reviewing or finalising important documentation related to the activities of the institution including the annual report and other progress reports;
- Assist in membership issues, matters concerning Law of the Treaties, as well as in managing correspondence with Member States of the Facility and Participating Institutions as well in responding to any queries from senior government officials representatives of such Member States/Participating Institutions as they relate to the Facility;
- Regularly liaise and interact with senior government officials in order to follow up on membership matters including the completion of the procedure to join the ALSF.
- Assist in ensuring the organization of the archive of the institutional files in an efficient and executive manner;
- Assist in organizing meetings of the statutory organs of the Facility, drafting and preparing relevant documents including memoranda, minutes or resolutions;
- Ensuring that, if required, legal documents presented to the Management Board and Governing Council are accurately translated into the official languages of the Facility in a timely fashion;
- Assisting in preparing reports to donors and other development partners;
- Assist in recruiting external consultants;
- Liaising with donors, partners and external consultants as and when needed; and
- Undertaking such other assignments as required in furtherance of the ALSF's mandate.