Ref Code: SLLB
Due to our rapid growth and continuous success, we are seeking to recruit highly motivated professionals to join us. This is an exciting opportunity to join an employer of choice; having the support of a successful global network.
Applicants willing to join this exceptional team of young and dynamic professionals must show enthusiasm in:
- Finding solutions in changing circumstances
- Contributing to an International team
- Focus on providing excellent services
- Support the Head of department in the administrative running of the department
- Examine and analyse the legal implication of the Bank’s transactions with third parties, including but not limited to service providers contractors, ref refinancers, loan clients etc
- Liaise with appropriate regulatory authorities, including law enforcement agencies on behalf of the Bank on of Legal matters, and confiscated collaterals
- Assist the Head et Department in dispensing Recovery advisory, managing arrears clients and recovery of bad loans implementing delusion to institute legal proceeding and attendance in court as the representative of the bank; also to negotiate settlement of disputes If any, between loan client and the bank.
- Assist in the planning and conduct of training for Credit officers on Legal documentation and Recovery issues regard being had fir developing industry trends and global best practices.
- Provide transactional advice: transactional support arid execution; liaison with external counsel: legal controls and monitoring.
- A good first degree in Law from a reputable university. Possession of higher degree(s) in a related discipline will be an added advantage
- Membership if the Nigerian Bar Association or its equivalent is essential
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience
- Excellent knowledge of the laws and regulations guiding financial institutions especially Microfinance Industry
- Proven ability to proactively identify local and global matters relevant to the industry and develop issues’ management document for use by executives and others within the Bank.
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills, as well as, the ability to work with people of diverse background and interests.
- Good hoe standing of the trends and outlook of the microfinance industry in the global and local markets
- Knowledge of corporate governance issues.