AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited is an establish Microfinance Bank with its head Office at Ikeja, Lagos. It is a member of an International network of microfinance banks providing world class banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises and private individuals in Africa and Asia, and rapidly spreading out to other countries across the globe.
Due to our rapid growth and continuous success, we are seeking to recruit highly motivated professionals to join us. This is art exciting opportunity to join an employer of choice; having the support of a successful global network. Applicants willing to join this exceptional team of young and dynamic professionals must show enthusiasm in:
- Finding solutions in changing circumstances
- Contributing to an International team
- Focus on providing excellent services.
We are seeking to fill following positions;
Main Responsibilities and Task
- Oversee the recovery of the Bank’s Portfolio by litigation and enforcement directly and through the Bank’s external solicitors
- Manage and supervise pending legal cases and expedite action on litigation and enforcement
- Prepare and report the litigation status, anticipate problem and recommend solutions
- Drafting, vetting/reviewing and perfecting legal documents
- Providing Legal interpretations and legal advice to the various departments of the bank and keeping management informed of all local laws, regulations and court decisions which directly or indirectly affect the bank
- Ensuring that the Bank’s operations are carried out in compliance with the provisions of the law and that of the Bank’s interest is fully protected at all times
- Preparation and Execution of all types of commercial documents
- Debt Recovery
- Drafts and perfects Security documents
- Review all agreements to be entered into the Bank
- Provide advice on relevant employment and labour laws
- Advisory on the suitability and adequacy of different types of security
Necessary Experience and Knowledge
- Degree in Law
- At least 5 years as a litigator in a corporate law department and/or law practice
- Solid people leadership, coaching, mentoring and management skills
- Evidence of sound experience in corporate and commercial law
- Proven experience developing and maintaining internal and external client relationship
- Experience preparing legal documentation and pleadings
- Financial services litigation experience will be an added advantage
- Disciplined approach towards daily operations and documentation
- Ability to communication effectively both in writing and orally in English
- Ability to take responsibility and work on own initiative
All cover letters MUST state how you qualify for the role based on the requirements for the respective job title.
Please ensure that you indicate the job title as the SUBJECT of mail. Failure to comply disqualifies your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.