Duties and responsibilities
- Under the general supervision of the Loan Accounting Officer of the Section the incumbent will:
- Verify and validate the accuracy of loan conditions in SAP by analyzing the related loan agreement and ensure that bills are processed according to the correct due dates and loan terms.
- Control the billing cycle to ensure completeness and timely processing of all loan bills.
- Identify and register loan repayment ensuring correct application of funds.
- Verify the bi-monthly arrears position of Borrowers, and monitor the swift system for prompt identification and processing of overdue loan repayments.
- Prepare, on a regular basis, draft correspondence to Borrowers providing their arrears and sanctions position indicating their negative implication both on the Borrowers and the Bank.
- Analyze Borrowers’ queries and prepare preliminary justification for appropriate response; prepare for transmission Borrowers audit confirmation of their loan/guarantee status, summary ledgers and other related information.
- Maintain orderly physical loan files with copies of critical documents justifying the entries in the loan accounts as well as correspondence with the borrowers and other departments within the Bank.
- Participate in loan reconciliation and project supervision missions in conjunction with the portfolio management division.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the Division Manager and the supervising Loan Accounting officer.