Reporting to the Division Manager, CGSP 3, the Stock & Logistics Officer plays a key role in developing the bank’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs, reducing expenditure, rationalising inventory and improving order efficiency. The Stock Officer will ensure the Stock Team fulfil customer orders accurately and within the specified Service Level Agreement (SLA). The Stock and Logistics Officer will own the day to day relationships with transport and courier companies, ensuring the Bank has access to the best pricing and accurate information. The Stock and Logistics Officer will ensure process is followed in line with the Bank’s strategy and that the systems are used correctly enabling accurate reporting.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, CGSP.3 and working closely with internal and external stakeholders, the duties and responsibilities of the incumbent will be to:
- Mentor, coach and support team members and evaluate their performance, set work programs priorities and financial goal;
- Initiate the preparation and review all administrative procedures and manuals on logistics for the Bank Group; define and develop logistics and stock management strategies and supervise the execution of services acquisition contracts;
- Plan and develop strategies for managing the Bank’s logistics and stock management activities including policy formulation and updating, long term goods acquisition planning, resource estimation, etc., with other members of the team, undertake business line efficiency and sourcing studies, propose and introduce change, business line strategies and tactics;
- Contribute to the establishment and implementation of work program of the division, prepare budget of logistics services required by the Bank;
- Build and manage client and vendor relationship and ensure client satisfaction;
- Define and propose procedures for purchasing, receiving, controlling and certifying the quantity and quality of items ordered and ensuring their safe transfer to the Bank’s warehouses and storage depots and from warehouses to the Bank headquarters;
- Liaise with organizational units on requirements and support clients through proactive acquisition planning by collecting budget data, and developing time frame for client’s goods purchasing needs, contract management, setting process in motion and working directly with user departments to prepare technical specifications of the goods to be acquired;
- Provide input to the overall procurement of goods;
- Provide advice and oversee the training of clients in the area of logistics procedures;
- Supervise and monitor the supply of goods and items to departments and ensure stock replenishment as required;
- Program and organize the conducting of the physical inventory of goods and items in stock in the different stores and supervise the reconciliation with stock in record at least twice a year;
- Prepare management reports as required to permit management decisions.
- Prepare for receipt of international shipments and liaise with competent authorities for tax exemptions, port clearances and timely delivery of stock materials
- Design, implement and manage contracts in forwarding, transport and warehousing, where necessary.
- Represent the Bank’s interests within inter-agency logistics activities.
- Conduct special management reviews and/or follow-up on audit observations to assist in the improvement of office.
- Develop Key performance indicators by which local contracts can be managed.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Master’s in Business Administration, Procurement and Supply Chain, Finance, Public Administration or other related disciplines).
- At least 5 years of relevant and progressive experience in logistics and supply chain management, and practical knowledge of contract monitoring and assets management.
- Strong negotiating skills; knowledge of logistics and supply chain techniques and practices; knowledge of purchasing systems, advanced calculation and planning knowledge, inventory or asset and facilities management.
- Dynamic, efficient communicator, effective team-work player, result-driven, customer service oriented, analytical skills, and ability to work cross-functionally and under pressure.
- Competence in the use of standard software used in the Bank (Word, Excel, Access, MS Projects and PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP desirable.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good command of the other language.